Why Get a Business Valuation?
Most business owners overestimate their business value by 50 to 200%. Yet over 80% plan to fund their retirement with the proceeds. And it is ridiculous for someone to create your financial plan without taking into account the value of your business.
Includes a 40+ page valuation report (with actual comps of what similar businesses like yours have sold for), at no cost, no-obligation (our way of introducing ourselves). It only takes about 40 minutes.
How Does a Valuation Fit Into Your Financial Plan?
Unfortunately, if you ask your current financial planner how your business fits in… nothing. They only consider the income—but do not take into account its actual value. To do so requires training in business valuation and business risk assessment—but they don’t know how to do that. So you end up with an incomplete and inaccurate financial plan.
You may want to consider working with a Business Financial Planner (BFP). Especially one that can conduct a ballpark valuation and risk assessment…
There are FIVE main reasons to consider SunRift Capital Partners:
- Specializes in business owners – not a vanilla financial planner
- Provides business value and risk score – see how your the value of your business compares to similar businesses sold
- Incorporate business risk score and value in creating your investment portfolio
- Includes proprietary Lifestyle Return Benchmark & Required Rate of Return
- All to produce the MOST holistic financial plan
Let’s consider each of these in detail:
Leadership includes members of the industry’s top financial advisors, certified in every major discipline, including:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Masters of Financial Services (MSFS)
- Certified Mergers & Acquisitions (CM&AA)
- Accredited in Business Appraisal Review (ABAR)
- Previously held NASD Series 4, 6, 7, 63, 24
- Series 65
- Broker, life, health & disability license
- National Association of Certified Valuators (NACVA) partner in business valuation systems
1) Specializes in working with business owners – not a “vanilla” financial planner
SunRift Capital Partners has a background in financial planning, but also understands how your business works as an asset class (like stocks, bonds, real estate, etc.) , and has the tools and training necessary to value your business—something most financial planners lack.
2) Provides business value and risk score
One of the initial assessments includes a ballpark business valuation that can be completed in about 40 minutes.
Detailed Valuation Report
The associated 40 plus page report draws from a database of over 49,000 business sale transactions (think MLS for businesses), to compare your business to what other companies within your industry sold for.
As an additional benefit, the valuation report also generates a risk score. This is the fastest indicator of the overall effectiveness, health and value of your business. If your business is in the healthy range, your fine—if not, this score will tell you if there a problem. This is like a business “blood pressure” test that can actually be used to increase your revenue, net and your business value.
Your Business Value
The valuation report determines what your business is worth—critical for both current planning and retirement. You simply can’t make a complete financial plan without knowing what your business is worth.
3) Incorporate business risk score and value in creating your investment portfolio
Once you have your risk score and business value, it can be used to create your ideal investment portfolio. You hear financial planners always talk about investment “risk”, but you never hear about business “risk”, and it’s a vital component of creating the right investment portfolio.
Your investment portfolio should also consider the gap between where you are, versus where you need to be to obtain your financial goals now and in retirement.
4) Includes proprietary Lifestyle Return Benchmark™ (LRB) & Required Rate of Return (RRR)
You will then calculate your LRB and RRR.
Lifestyle Return Benchmark ™
This is the rate of return your investment portfolio needs to achieve your lifestyle goals and aspiration.
Required Rate of Return
This takes into account your desired spending, risk willingness, risk ability and calculates your return requirement (including current age, lifestyle spending levels, and life expectancy).
5) All to produce the MOST holistic financial plan
Most financial planners incorporate the major areas like your estate, real estate, taxes, insurance, and investment planning—but they totally miss how your business risk and value impact all of these areas. Until now!
What’s Holding You Back?
Now that you can see the advantages of working with SunRift Capital Partners, what’s holding you back. Following are common questions:
My current financial advisor seems to be doing just fine
That’s great, although it is impossible to create an accurate financial plan, without considering the value of the business and its risk. Fortunately, we offer the 40+ page valuation report including your risk score —and it only takes about 40 minutes. You have nothing to lose.
Why are you doing the valuation & risk score for free?
This is our way of introducing our services—there is no obligation. If we can help you in other ways, great—if not, keep us in mind. Regardless, the valuable 40+ page report is yours to keep… it’s a great resource. You may also be surprised what other businesses in your industry are selling for.
Why hasn’t anyone else talked to me about this before?
Most financial planners have never been trained to look at businesses as an asset class, which includes valuing the business and determining the risk score–so they only consider business income—which makes their financial plan incomplete.
You decided to get your Free ballpark valuation and risk score. It became immediately obvious how your business value and risk affect your financial plan. For one, your business was worth less than you thought. Since the valuation report showed what other businesses in your industry already sold for, it provides you with a high-level roadmap to improving your business value.
It might take some work to get to where you want to be, but you’ll have a much more accurate picture, and you have the peace of mind knowing your plan is much more complete, accurate, and more attainable.
Life is Good!
Call us at 317-272-5810 or click the red button to set up a FREE valuation of your business–takes about 40 minutes.
The valuation includes a 40+ page report. And again–no obligation (my way of introducing our services whether needed now or in the future).
Dustin Hunter AIF®, NSSA®, PE
SunRift Capital Partners LLC
* Investment advisory services are offered through SunRift Capital Partners LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor in the States of Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Michigan, Arizona, North Carolina and Florida. Insurance products and services are offered through Dustin Hunter. SunRift Capital Partners LLC and Dustin Hunter are affiliated. SunRift Capital Partners LLC and Dustin Hunter are not affiliated with or endorsed by the Social Security Administration or any other government agency.